Comfortable and cozy, the Muskoka dress offers a simple, style that makes you want to curl up by a crackling fire on a cool, crisp day.
The dress length falls below the knees; the tunic length hits at the upper hip and is perfect for pairing with leggings. Pattern includes long sleeves or a sleeveless jumper option. The neckline can be finished with a basic binding, cozy cowl, fabulous hoodie, or trendy split collar. Plus, add inseam pockets to any option!
This dress is designed specifically for the stability of soft snuggly fleece but can be made with other medium weight knit fabrics as well, such as sweater knit or french terry.
Add your favorite animal silhouette to the Muskoka with Pollywoggles' Wildlife Applique Collections! Designed for fleece as well as wovens & knits, these collections of raw edge appliques showcase animals from around the world, and the purchase of each set supports the work of the International Conservation Fund of Canada, protecting land and biodiversity in tropical regions around the globe.
Recommended Skill Level - Confident Beginner
There is also an 18" doll version of this pattern!
Seam allowance is 3/8" (1cm) unless stated otherwise in the pattern, and is included in all measurements and templates.
Required Supplies: sewing machine, needle suitable for fleece fabric (universal 12/80 or 14/90 or stretch recommended), pins/clips, scissors.
Suggested Fabric: This pattern is designed to be made with light-medium weight fleece with a minimum of 30% stretch.
Find out more about fleece fabrics and how to do a Stretch Test (including a downloadable stretch guide) in the Sewing with Fleece Series.
Included in the pattern:
- Sizes 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12.
- Easy to assemble pattern pieces.
- Clear and efficiently nested pattern pieces, color coded by size. All colors also print clearly in black ink. No layers (individual size printing) on print-at-home or Large Format; Layers ARE included on Projector Files.
- All measurements in both metric and imperial
- Body measurements Sizing Guide to help obtain the proper fit for the child.
- Specific instructions on blending sizes.
- Line drawings showing all options.
- Linked table of contents, for reference and ease of use on digital devices.
- Fabric requirements for all parts.
- Full color photo tutorial with specific details (in English only) for each step and illustrations for additional clarity.
- Hints and tips throughout the tutorial.
- Summary of steps for quick reference.
- Modeled photos showing the finished options.
Purchase also includes AO Large Format PDF for copy shop printing, and a separate Projector optimized file. Print-at-home and Large Format files have nested pattern pieces (no layers); Projector file has layers (ability to turn on and off individual projected sizes).
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
For those days when my girl wants pockets and a hood but still wants to be girly this is our go to pattern!
We just love it! Clear directions are easy to follow and the pattern just fly's together so fast!