Get cozy with the Fundy robe for boys and girls. Whether you call it a bathrobe, a dressing gown, or a housecoat, it is perfect for bath time or curling up with a loved one or a good book.
This robe is designed to be loose fitting to go comfortably over pajamas, with the length falling to the knee. Additional length can easily be added. Features a shawl-style wrapped collar, plush cuffs with enclosed seams, and optional side seam patch pockets.
With instructions written for fleece and similar types of fabric such as cuddle/plush and minky, this robe can also be made with french terry as well as non-stretch fabrics, such as terrycloth. Fabric types can be mix-&-matched for a custom look and feel.
Did you know you can get the perfect Pajama set to go with this Robe? Buy the Simcoe PJs & Fundy Robe Bundle and SAVE!
Recommended Skill Level - Confident Beginner
There is also an 18" doll version of this pattern!
Seam allowance is 3/8" (1cm) unless stated otherwise in the pattern, and is included in all measurements and templates.
Required Supplies: sewing machine, needle suitable for fabric (universal 12/80 or 14/90 or stretch recommended), pins/clips, scissors.
Suggested Fabric: This pattern is designed for polyester fleece, but can also be made with other fabrics, including cuddle/plush, sweater knit, and also medium-weight wovens. Find out more about fleece fabrics in the Sewing with Fleece Series.
- EXTENDED SIZES! Size range includes 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, A, B, C, D (tween/teen sizes).
- Cutting charts & pattern pieces for all rectangular parts.
- Easy to assemble pattern pieces.
- Clear and efficiently nested pattern pieces, color coded by size. All colors also print clearly in black ink.
- No layers (individual size printing) on print-at-home or Large Format; Layers ARE included on Projector Files.
- All measurements in both metric and imperial
- Sizing guide including body measurements to help obtain the proper fit for the child.
- Specific instructions on customizing & blending sizes.
- Line drawings showing all options.
- Interactive table of contents, for reference and ease of use on digital devices.
- Fabric requirements for all parts.
- Supplies and suggested fabrics list.
- Full color photo tutorial with written (English only) details for each step.
- Hints and tips throughout the tutorial.
- Summary of steps for quick reference.
- Modeled photos showing the finished options.
Purchase also includes AO Large Format PDF for copy shop printing, and Projector optimized file. Print-at-home and Large Format files have nested pattern pieces (no layers); Projector file has layers (ability to turn on and off individual projected sizes), optional "unfold" layer for Cut-on-Fold pattern pieces, & inverted black-background section which also includes mirrored pattern pieces.
NOTE: This product is a sewing pattern, not a completed garment.
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
This is a wonderful easy-to-sew pattern with clear directions. Sellers response to query was very helpful and received quickly.
I love this pattern so much. I have never made a robe, but the instructions made it so easy for me. Once the robe was finished it was so cute and little. I’m glad I have something my son can wear during the cold Northern winters.