So warm and comfy! The Kokanee Hoodie features an easy raglan style that can be made with three different color-block options and a choice to two completely different pocket styles.
Designed specifically for polyester fleece, this pattern perfectly combines bright solids and fun prints. It is also suitable for other stable knits with a minimum of 30% stretch, such as french terry or minky. Choose from a kangaroo or inseam style pocket. The hood can be fully lined with a thin knit such as cotton/Lycra, or can be finished with a woven bias facing.
Want more options?? This pattern and the Banff pattern have been designed with interchangeable parts! Buy the Bundle to mix & match hoodie and crossover collar, colorblocking and solid pieces, cuffs and pockets.
This is a non-gendered pattern including a new EXTENDED size range, from kids size 2-10 plus four additional teen/tween sizes. Designed specifically for polyester fleece, this pattern is also suitable for other stable knits with 30% stretch.
Recommended Skill Level - Intermediate.
Seam allowance is 3/8"(1cm) unless stated otherwise in the pattern, and is included in all measurements.
Required Supplies: sewing machine, needle suitable for chosen fabric (universal 90/14), pins/clips, scissors and/or rotary cutter, measuring tape and/or cutting mat & ruler.
Suggested Fabric: This pattern is specifically designed for light-medium weight brushed poly fleece with at least 30% stretch. Common names for this type of fleece can include Polar™, Blizzard, Arctic, and Igloo. Slight variations that also work well include Lambskin, Micro, and Anti-pill fleece.
- EXTENDED SIZES! Size range includes 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, A, B, C, D (tween/teen sizes).
- Cutting charts & pattern pieces for all rectangular parts.
- Easy to assemble pattern pieces.
- Clear and efficiently nested pattern pieces, color coded by size. All colors also print clearly in black ink.
- No layers (individual size printing) on print-at-home or Large Format; Layers ARE included on Projector Files.
- All measurements in both metric and imperial
- Sizing guide including body measurements to help obtain the proper fit for the child.
- Specific instructions on customizing & blending sizes.
- Line drawings showing all options.
- Interactive table of contents, for reference and ease of use on digital devices.
- Fabric requirements for all parts.
- Supplies and suggested fabrics list.
- Full color photo tutorial with written (English only) details for each step.
- Hints and tips throughout the tutorial.
- Summary of steps for quick reference.
- Modeled photos showing the finished options.
Purchase also includes AO Large Format PDF for copy shop printing, and Projector optimized file. Print-at-home and Large Format files have nested pattern pieces (no layers); Projector file has layers (ability to turn on and off individual projected sizes), optional "unfold" layer for Cut-on-Fold pattern pieces, & inverted black-background section which also includes mirrored pattern pieces.
NOTE: This product is a sewing pattern, not a completed garment.
8 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Really nice hoodie pattern. This makes up beautifully. I love the color blocking and the different versions. Also, the wide size variety helps so much since I have many grandchildren from 6th grade to 2.5 yrs!! Pollywoggles patterns are really well designs and directions are great.
Perfect pattern to use up fleece scraps but is also wonderful in other knits like CL!
One pattern so many option for blocking perfect and easy to follow the very clear instructions.
I really love the color blocking options! There are so many looks that can be achieved with just one pattern!
Made my son a true to size bee/elephant hoodie using this pattern. He picked all his fabrics and wears his sweatshirt daily. All his siblings are waiting for their versions!
Love this hoodie. Got it and went out and got a bunch of fleece to make 2 for each of my 3 kids.
My son loves these so much he has three of them! Great pattern!
Simplement parfait! Facile et beau!