A cozy coat for winter, perfect for travel and outdoor adventures. Fully lined (with the option to make it reversible!), this coat is designed to be made with one or two layers of fleece, or similar fabrics. This coat offers the choice of buttons or a zipper, and inseam pockets.
Size range includes 2 - 12, and features a basic front and back, or a colorblocked front and back yoke. Mix and match fleece and/or woven fabrics such as wool, sherpa, or softshell, or line the inside with brushed flannel for a lighter-weight jacket!
Add your favorite animal silhouette to the Sirmilik Coat with Pollywoggles' Wildlife Applique Collections! Designed for fleece as well as wovens & knits, this growing collection of raw edge appliques showcase animals from around the world, and the purchase of each set supports the work of the International Conservation Fund of Canada, protecting land and biodiversity in tropical regions around the globe.
Recommended Skill Level - Intermediate
Seam allowance is 3/8"(1cm) unless stated otherwise in the pattern, and is included in all measurements.
Required Notions & Supplies: 3 or more 1"-1.5" buttons OR zipper, sewing machine, needle suitable for chosen fabric, pins/clips, scissors and/or rotary cutter, measuring tape and/or cutting mat & ruler.
Suggested Fabric: This pattern is specifically designed for medium weight brushed poly fleece for one or both layers of the coat. Common names for this type of fleece can include Polar™, Blizzard, Arctic, and Igloo, Lambskin, Micro, and Anti-pill fleece. Alternate fabrics also include medium-heavy wool, sherpa, softshell, and (for inner lining only) flannel.
Inseam pockets: flannel or cotton.
Included in the pattern:
- Sizes 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12.
- Easy to assemble pattern pieces.
- Clear and efficiently nested pattern pieces, color coded by size. All colors also print clearly in black ink. No layers (individual size printing) on print-at-home or Large Format; Layers ARE included on Projector Files.
- All measurements in both metric and imperial
- Body measurements Sizing Guide to help obtain the proper fit for the child.
- Specific instructions on blending sizes.
- Line drawings showing all options.
- Linked table of contents, for reference and ease of use on digital devices.
- Fabric requirements for all parts.
- Full color photo tutorial with specific details (in English only) for each step and illustrations for additional clarity.
- Hints and tips throughout the tutorial.
- Summary of steps for quick reference.
- Modeled photos showing the finished options.
Purchase also includes AO Large Format PDF for copy shop printing, and a separate Projector optimized file. Print-at-home and Large Format files have nested pattern pieces (no layers); Projector file has layers (ability to turn on and off individual projected sizes).
3 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Fit is great
My son has been wearing the coat almost every day. The fit is great and instructions are very clear. Can’t wait to make a lot more!
I love this pattern!
I love this pattern! The instructions are very detailed and give a lot of extra info. The fit is perfect and because of the fleece it's supersoft to wear, so my little boy loves his coat!
I love the Similik!
I love the Similik! I’ve already made 3, and one of those is under the Christmas tree. All the options are fantastic!