Soft, comfortable, and trendy. The Aulavik zip-up sweater/jacket features a raglan style with fun colorblocks that hide inseam pockets and thumbholes, and the option of a hoodie or collar neckline.
This is a non-gendered pattern including a new EXTENDED size range, from kids size 2-10 plus four additional teen/tween sizes. Designed specifically for polyester fleece, this pattern is also suitable for other stable knits with 30% stretch.
Love the sleeves but not sure about the zipper? These sleeves can be used with the Kokanee or Banff pullover patterns too!
Recommended Skill Level - Intermediate.
Seam allowance is 3/8"(1cm) unless stated otherwise in the pattern, and is included in all measurements.
Required Supplies: sewing machine, needle suitable for chosen fabric (universal 90/14), pins/clips, scissors and/or rotary cutter, measuring tape and/or cutting mat & ruler.
Suggested Fabric: This pattern is specifically designed for light-medium weight brushed poly fleece with at least 30% stretch. Common names for this type of fleece can include Polar™, Blizzard, Arctic, and Igloo. Slight variations that also work well include Lambskin, Micro, and Anti-pill fleece.
- EXTENDED SIZES! Size range includes 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, A, B, C, D (tween/teen sizes).
- Cutting charts & pattern pieces for all rectangular parts.
- Easy to assemble pattern pieces.
- Clear and efficiently nested pattern pieces, color coded by size. All colors also print clearly in black ink.
- No layers (individual size printing) on print-at-home or Large Format; Layers ARE included on Projector Files.
- All measurements in both metric and imperial
- Sizing guide including body measurements to help obtain the proper fit for the child.
- Specific instructions on customizing & blending sizes.
- Line drawings showing all options.
- Interactive table of contents, for reference and ease of use on digital devices.
- Fabric requirements for all parts.
- Supplies and suggested fabrics list.
- Full color photo tutorial with written (English only) details for each step.
- Hints and tips throughout the tutorial.
- Summary of steps for quick reference.
- Modeled photos showing the finished options.
Purchase also includes AO Large Format PDF for copy shop printing, and Projector optimized file. Print-at-home and Large Format files have nested pattern pieces (no layers); Projector file has layers (ability to turn on and off individual projected sizes), optional "unfold" layer for Cut-on-Fold pattern pieces, & inverted black-background section which also includes mirrored pattern pieces.
NOTE: This product is a sewing pattern, not a completed garment.
3 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I have gotten to test the Aulavik zip-up and it fast became my son's favorite, so I had to sew an extra one. I made mine in FT and quilted jersey and they are so nice. The pattern has great descriptions, but do make sure to read it all before you start, there are a few tricky places, but it is well worth the effort
This jacket came together so well each step of the way. The tutorial is thorough and clear. Don't be worried about the zipper. Simply take it a step at a time and before you know it you have a great jacket! I also appreciate the extended sizing as it worked great for my 14 year old.
I love everything about this pattern ! I made it for both my kids, it fits perfectly, the instructions are cristal clear and it is a good way to sew fleece for the winter days. I will have to try in FT for spring ! It even has a projector file so good in every point!