Kluane features a sweetheart halter bodice cascading down to a fun peplum top, retro mid-length, or stunning maxi skirt, making this pattern suitable for any occasion. Add a second or third layer to the skirt for even more style options!
Pattern includes sizes 2-12Y. The back of the bodice can be made with shirring elastic or elastic casings, and both methods are included in the step-by-step instructions.
Recommended Skill Level - Confident Beginner
Seam allowance is 3/8"(1cm) unless stated otherwise in the pattern, and is included in all measurements.
Required Supplies: sewing machine, needle suitable for chosen fabric (universal), 1/4" elastic for back bodice casings OR elastic thread for shirring, 3/4" elastic for halter strap, iron, pins/clips, scissors and/or rotary cutter, measuring tape and/or cutting mat & ruler.
Suggested Fabric: Light-medium weight wovens, such as quilting cotton, poplin, seersucker, eyelet, rayon, voile
Pattern includes instructions for a two methods of bodice construction, shirring or elastic casings. In both cases, the bodice side seams are enclosed. For those who want to know more about shirring and bias tape, links are provided in the pattern to the Shirring: Testing & Tension and the Homemade Bias Tape blog posts.
- Sizes 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12.
- Easy to assemble pattern pieces.
- Clear and efficiently nested pattern pieces, color coded by size. All colors also print clearly in black ink. No layers (individual size printing) on print-at-home or Large Format; Layers ARE included on Projector Files.
- All measurements in both metric and imperial
- Body measurements Sizing Guide to help obtain the proper fit for the child.
- Specific instructions on blending sizes.
- Line drawings showing all options.
- Linked table of contents, for reference and ease of use on digital devices.
- Fabric requirements for all parts.
- Full color photo tutorial with specific details (in English only) for each step and illustrations for additional clarity.
- Hints and tips throughout the tutorial.
- Summary of steps for quick reference.
- Modeled photos showing the finished options.
Purchase also includes AO Large Format PDF for copy shop printing, and a separate Projector optimized file. Print-at-home and Large Format files have nested pattern pieces (no layers); Projector file has layers (ability to turn on and off individual projected sizes).