This pattern includes the option of a full circle twirl top, inspired by the swing and trapeze tops of the 1970's, or a bubble top that is so much fun to wear. Can also be made as a simple tank top, adding to the versatility of this pattern.
The overlay is designed for woven fabrics and is fully lined with a fitted knit tank top. This is the perfect design for lace, chiffon, eyelet, and so many amazing sheer fabrics!
Pattern includes sizes 2-12Y.
Seam allowance is 3/8"(1cm) unless stated otherwise in the pattern, and is included in all measurements.
Required Supplies: sewing machine, universal or stretch needle, ballpoint pins or wonder clips, scissors and/or rotary cutter, measuring tape and/or cutting mat & ruler.
The tank top base, upper part of the bodice back, and the neck binding & arm bands require knit fabric with a minimum of 50% 4-way stretch, such as good quality cotton lycra, jersey, or interlock with excellent recovery.
- Sizes 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12.
- Easy to assemble pattern pieces.
- Clear and efficiently nested pattern pieces, color coded by size. All colors also print clearly in black ink. No layers (individual size printing) on print-at-home or Large Format; Layers ARE included on Projector Files.
- All measurements in both metric and imperial
- Body measurements Sizing Guide to help obtain the proper fit for the child.
- Specific instructions on blending sizes.
- Line drawings showing all options.
- Linked table of contents, for reference and ease of use on digital devices.
- Fabric requirements for all parts.
- Full color photo tutorial with specific details (in English only) for each step and illustrations for additional clarity.
- Hints and tips throughout the tutorial.
- Summary of steps for quick reference.
- Modeled photos showing the finished options.
Purchase also includes AO Large Format PDF for copy shop printing, and a separate Projector optimized file. Print-at-home and Large Format files have nested pattern pieces (no layers); Projector file has layers (ability to turn on and off individual projected sizes).
NOTE: This is a pattern, not a completed garment.
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Such a fun pattern! I made the twirl version and my twirly girl loves it. Fit is perfect; instructions are so clear and helpful. Looking forward to sewing the bubble version next.
Thank you for this pattern and once I get to see my youngest grand daughter, and she tries them on I know that I will be the best Nana. There is nothing like causing happiness in family members. Your pattern has been such a pleasure to sew and instructions easy to read and follow. I have made seven Avalons for our wee one so she has one for every day of the week. If you have not bought this pattern then take it from me it will be a great success. It is a wonderful pattern.