Designed for woven fabrics with a size range of 2-12Y, this is an intermediate-level sew.
While there are no advanced techniques in this pattern, it requires precision in measuring and construction, and attention to detail in following sequential steps.
Seam allowance is 3/8"(1 cm) unless stated otherwise in the pattern, and is included in all measurements.
Required Supplies: sewing machine, needle suitable for chosen fabric (universal), 1/4" wide elastic or elastic thread for the bodice, iron, pins/clips, scissors and/or rotary cutter, measuring tape and/or cutting mat & ruler.
- Sizes 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12.
- Easy to assemble pattern pieces.
- Clear and efficiently nested pattern pieces, color coded by size. All colors also print clearly in black ink. No layers (individual size printing) on print-at-home or Large Format; Layers ARE included on Projector Files.
- All measurements in both metric and imperial
- Body measurements Sizing Guide to help obtain the proper fit for the child.
- Specific instructions on blending sizes.
- Line drawings showing all options.
- Linked table of contents, for reference and ease of use on digital devices.
- Fabric requirements for all parts.
- Full color photo tutorial with specific details (in English only) for each step and illustrations for additional clarity.
- Hints and tips throughout the tutorial.
- Summary of steps for quick reference.
- Modeled photos showing the finished options.
Purchase also includes AO Large Format PDF for copy shop printing, and a separate Projector optimized file. Print-at-home and Large Format files have nested pattern pieces (no layers); Projector file has layers (ability to turn on and off individual projected sizes).
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I love this design mainly because it’s a tiered dress that has tons of twirl yet not a fabric hog like many others. Shirring is also my absolute favorite sewing technique and far less complicated than it sounds. Heidi does an excellent job taking you through all the steps to be successful at shirring. It’s such a beautiful and classic design and a must for any little girl.