Inspired by the roomy comfort of classic nightgowns and the vintage babydoll style, this nightgown includes two length options. It is designed to combine woven fabrics with knit bands at the collar and sleeve cuffs, with no buttons or other closures. The short length is designed to fall just below the buttocks and is perfect for pairing with the included shorts or pants. The full nightgown length is designed to reach mid-calf.
Originally released as an "Add-on" to the Simcoe Pajama pattern, the Simcoe Nightgown is now a full pattern all on its own, OR purchase the SIMCOE BUNDLE and save!
This pattern includes a new EXTENDED size range, from kids size 2-10 plus four additional teen/tween sizes! Make it with flannel for keeping warm in winter weather, or use regular cotton or double gauze for a light and airy summer sleep dress.
Recommended Skill Level - Confident Beginner
Seam allowance is 3/8"(1cm) unless stated otherwise in the pattern, and is included in all measurements.
Required Supplies: sewing machine, needle suitable for chosen fabric (universal), iron, pins/clips, scissors and/or rotary cutter, measuring tape and/or cutting mat & ruler.
Suggested Fabric: Main Body: Light-medium weight wovens, such as quilting cotton, flannel/flannelette, seersucker, double gauze.
Cuffs/Collar/Waist Hem: knit fabric with excellent recovery, such as high quality interlock or ribbing.
- EXTENDED SIZES! Size range includes 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, A, B, C, D (tween/teen sizes).
- Cutting charts & pattern pieces for all rectangular parts.
- Easy to assemble pattern pieces.
- Clear and efficiently nested pattern pieces, color coded by size. All colors also print clearly in black ink.
- No layers (individual size printing) on print-at-home or Large Format; Layers ARE included on Projector Files.
- All measurements in both metric and imperial
- Sizing guide including body measurements to help obtain the proper fit for the child.
- Specific instructions on customizing & blending sizes.
- Line drawings showing all options.
- Interactive table of contents, for reference and ease of use on digital devices.
- Fabric requirements for all parts.
- Supplies and suggested fabrics list.
- Full color photo tutorial with specific details for each step.
- Hints and tips throughout the tutorial.
- Summary of steps for quick reference.
- Modeled photos showing the finished options.
Purchase also includes AO Large Format PDF for copy shop printing, and Projector optimized file. Print-at-home and Large Format files have nested pattern pieces (no layers); Projector file has layers (ability to turn on and off individual projected sizes).
NOTE: This product is a sewing pattern, not a completed garment.
4 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Se fait tres bien merci
I love this pattern. It was a great add to the original pj. Easy to follow instructions. I will do more of this. Thank you.
Love this. Such a wonderful, simple gown. Thank you
I love it! Easy and fast to do!