This pattern is available as a free gift to you!
This pattern is designed to make a reversible headband using woven fabrics. It is held in place with fully enclosed 5/8" or 1/2" wide elastic and includes five sizes for children through tween/teen (which may also fit some adults). Requires only a single page to print and is can easily be made start-to-finish in under 30 minutes.
Recommended Skill Level - Confident Beginner
Seam allowance is 1/4"(6mm), and is included in all measurements.
Required Supplies: 5/8" or 1/2" wide elastic, sewing machine, needle suitable for chosen fabric (universal), iron, pins/clips, scissors and/or rotary cutter, measuring tape and/or cutting mat & ruler.
Suggested Fabric: Light-medium weight wovens, such as quilting cotton, flannelette, poplin, double gauze.
Included in the pattern:
- Sizing suitable for ages 2+ through teen/small adult.
- Pattern pieces for the shaped band and elastic casing.
- Clearly nested pattern pieces (no layered/individual size printing).
- All measurements throughout the pattern in both metric and imperial.
- Linked table of contents, for reference and ease of use on digital devices.
- Fabric requirements, supplies and suggested fabrics lists.
- Full color photo tutorial with specific details for each step.
- Summary of steps for quick reference.
The details and step-by-step instructions of this pattern are included in the same file as a single print-at-home page for the pattern pieces. Purchase also includes a projector-optimized file with individual size layers and optional fold/unfold pattern pieces.
NOTE: This product is a sewing pattern, not a finished item.