Margaree is a swimsuit designed with simplicity and comfort in mind. The tank-style top has a high banded neckline with a hint of a halter look, and the full coverage bottoms make this a great swim set for all kind of beach play and water sports as well as skating, tennis, or gymnastics! The addition of the skirt to either of the bottoms add another fun element, and an optional shelf bra is included for the tankini in the upper size range.
Seam allowance is 3/8"(1cm) unless stated otherwise in the pattern, and is included in all measurements.
Required Supplies: sewing machine, stretch needle, 3/4" elastic for waistband and for the bikini or optional shelf bra, ballpoint pins or wonder clips, scissors and/or rotary cutter, measuring tape and/or cutting mat & ruler.
- EXTENDED SIZES! Size range includes 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, A, B, C, D (tween/teen sizes).
- Cutting charts & pattern pieces for all rectangular parts.
- Easy to assemble pattern pieces.
- Clear and efficiently nested pattern pieces, color coded by size. All colors also print clearly in black ink.
- No layers (individual size printing) on print-at-home or Large Format; Layers ARE included on Projector Files.
- All measurements in both metric and imperial
- Sizing guide including body measurements to help obtain the proper fit for the child.
- Specific instructions on customizing & blending sizes.
- Line drawings showing all options.
- Interactive table of contents, for reference and ease of use on digital devices.
- Fabric requirements for all parts.
- Supplies and suggested fabrics list.
- Full color photo tutorial with written (English only) details for each step.
- Hints and tips throughout the tutorial.
- Summary of steps for quick reference.
- Modeled photos showing the finished options.
Purchase also includes AO Large Format PDF for copy shop printing, and Projector optimized file. Print-at-home and Large Format files have nested pattern pieces (no layers); Projector file has layers (ability to turn on and off individual projected sizes), optional "unfold" layer for Cut-on-Fold pattern pieces, & inverted black-background section which also includes mirrored pattern pieces.
NOTE: This product is a sewing pattern, not a completed garment.
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Made the skirted bottoms in both lengths. Made one pair fully lined and one pair with lined gusset. Found the instructions well written . They fit well and my granddaughters love them.
Love the opportunity to combine different elements for a variety of outfits . Great instructions and quick to make. Heidi adds tips to the construction to ensure a great finish.