Pattern features a flat front and elastic back waist with huge pockets for carrying around all kinds of treasures. Pant and shorts lengths are included, and there are two pocket length options. Instructions include details for the optional use of button-hole elastic in the waistband.
Suggested fabric for the main pant/shorts are bottom weight fabrics, which can be combined with the same or lighter weight woven fabric for the pockets.
Check out the Cape Breton pattern for a similar style, but with shorter shorts and a slimmer fit through the crotch and legs.
Seam allowance is 3/8" (1cm) unless stated otherwise in the pattern, and is included in all measurements and pattern pieces.
Required Supplies: sewing machine and/or serger, needle suitable for chosen fabric, 3/4"-1" wide elastic for waist, iron, pins/clips, scissors.
Suggested Fabric: This pattern is designed for non-stretch fabrics. Suggested for the main pant/shorts are bottom weight wovens such as cotton twill, light denim, corduroy, medium linen, or duck. The pocket can be made with the same fabric, or with a lighter weight, such as quilting cotton.
- Sizes 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12.
- Easy to assemble pattern pieces.
- Clear and efficiently nested pattern pieces, color coded by size. All colors also print clearly in black ink. No layers (individual size printing) on print-at-home or Large Format; Layers ARE included on Projector Files.
- All measurements in both metric and imperial
- Body measurements Sizing Guide to help obtain the proper fit for the child.
- Specific instructions on blending sizes.
- Line drawings showing all options.
- Linked table of contents, for reference and ease of use on digital devices.
- Fabric requirements for all parts.
- Full color photo tutorial with specific details (in English only) for each step and illustrations for additional clarity.
- Hints and tips throughout the tutorial.
- Summary of steps for quick reference.
- Modeled photos showing the finished options.
Purchase also includes AO Large Format PDF for copy shop printing, and a separate Projector optimized file. Print-at-home and Large Format files have nested pattern pieces (no layers); Projector file has layers (ability to turn on and off individual projected sizes).
4 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Super simple, great fit, and those pockets are nice and deep for all the treasures.
Definitely going to become a staple basic shorts/pants in my son's wardrobe. Easy to sew, managed a size 4 length shorts out of 2 fat quarters as well so a great scrap friendly pattern.
Love these patterns! They go together quickly and easily and are incredibly easy to understand. These shorts are so cute that I’m making three pairs. I wish Pollywoggle had more patterns than they do because I’d buy them all.
I made these yesterday for my grandson, and I love how well they went together. I made the trouser option and added the extra stitching to divide the pockets and not make them so long - GENIUS! The pattern went together like a dream and plan to make many more. Love your patterns - BRING OUT MORE BOY'S ONES because they're PREFECT - stylish yet o so practical