A casual shirt for all seasons!
Gaspe is a laid-back open-placket style shirt with an optional front pocket and contrasting back yoke. The main shirt and short sleeves are designed for woven fabrics, with optional knit faux-layered long sleeve sections. Together, it is a perfect blend of classic and casual.
Make it in trendy plaid flannel or yarn-dyed linen, or get creative with mixing different woven fabric types together, such as lightweight corduroy or denim with apparel cotton.
Seam allowance is 3/8"(1cm) unless stated otherwise in the pattern, and is included in all measurements.
Required Supplies: sewing machine, needle suitable for chosen fabric (universal), iron, pins/clips, scissors and/or rotary cutter, measuring tape and/or cutting mat & ruler.
Optional Long Sleeve section: knit fabric with minimum 30% stretch, such as cotton/lycra, jersey, interlock.
- Sizes 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12.
- Easy to assemble pattern pieces.
- Clear and efficiently nested pattern pieces, color coded by size. All colors also print clearly in black ink. No layers (individual size printing) on print-at-home or Large Format; Layers ARE included on Projector Files.
- All measurements in both metric and imperial
- Body measurements Sizing Guide to help obtain the proper fit for the child.
- Specific instructions on blending sizes.
- Line drawings showing all options.
- Linked table of contents, for reference and ease of use on digital devices.
- Fabric requirements for all parts.
- Full color photo tutorial with specific details (in English only) for each step and illustrations for additional clarity.
- Hints and tips throughout the tutorial.
- Summary of steps for quick reference.
- Modeled photos showing the finished options.
Purchase also includes AO Large Format PDF for copy shop printing, and a separate Projector optimized file. Print-at-home and Large Format files have nested pattern pieces (no layers); Projector file has layers (ability to turn on and off individual projected sizes).
NOTE: This is a pattern, not a completed garment.
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Love this one! Makes a prefect summer shirt with the short sleeves and is great for layering with the knit sleeves. Instructions are clear and easy to follow!
Great shirt, quick woven sew with a lovely finish and best bit is no fastenings required! Loved the grading tips as well.